Deployment Architecture

How do I determine the number of buckets across my indexer cluster?

jackgordon

Is there a command I can execute? Is there an App I can deploy to see this information?

Thank you.

0 Karma
1 Solution

nkwong_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can use the dbinspect command to get the count of buckets for each indexer.

Here is an example on how to use dbinspect to get the count of buckets by each Splunk server.

| dbinspect index=_internal | stats count by splunk_server

Here is the documentation to provide additional details and examples of using the dbinspect command.
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.2/SearchReference/Dbinspect#Description

View solution in original post

0 Karma

khourihan_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
| dbinspect index=* 
| stats count by splunk_server index bucketId 
| fields - count 
| eventstats count(bucketId) As cluster_buckets 
| eventstats dc(bucketId) As num_buckets by index 
| stats Max(num_buckets) As num_buckets Max(cluster_buckets) As cluster_buckets by index
| table index num_buckets cluster_buckets

Run over all time.

0 Karma

nkwong_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can use the dbinspect command to get the count of buckets for each indexer.

Here is an example on how to use dbinspect to get the count of buckets by each Splunk server.

| dbinspect index=_internal | stats count by splunk_server

Here is the documentation to provide additional details and examples of using the dbinspect command.
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.2/SearchReference/Dbinspect#Description

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...