Deployment Architecture

How can I use Splunk so our company data is not shared with anyone?

chrmoriarty

I know this question has been asked before today...

My company is researching Splunk, and we have a strict policy that we do not share data with anyone outside our firm. If I am reading your documentation correctly, when using Splunk my data is uploaded to Splunk. Do I have the option to utilize Splunk without sharing the data, which would keep me in compliance with my company's data use and storage policies?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you install Splunk on your own servers the data stays there and is not shared with anyone.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

chrmoriarty

So, you need to have a enterprise license to have Splunk stored on my server?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you install Splunk on your own servers the data stays there and is not shared with anyone.

---
0 Karma

chrmoriarty

I have the 60 Day Free Enterprise Package. Will the data remain on my server? Or, do I need to upgrade to a full license to keep the data on my server

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The data stays on your server until it expires. Then it is deleted. It never leaves your server.

---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...