Deployment Architecture

Hadoop Data Roll and archiving replicated buckets

delappml_2
Explorer

I have an indexer cluster with a replication factor of 3. If I were to implement Hadoop Data Roll, would only one copy of each event be archived to Hadoop at freeze time, or would all three bucket copies be archived? I'm trying to find out if I can save in terms of raw archive storage costs by implementing HDR versus archiving frozen buckets to a set of NFS mounts.

1 Solution

rdagan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

HDR will only copy 1 journal.gz (raw data from the bucket). Therefore, 3X Splunk bucket replication will not impact the storage on the Hadoop side.

View solution in original post

rdagan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

HDR will only copy 1 journal.gz (raw data from the bucket). Therefore, 3X Splunk bucket replication will not impact the storage on the Hadoop side.

mattymo
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

HDR is by far the best archiving solution, unless you really want to write your own dedup logic (spoiler: you don't lol).

- MattyMo
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...