Deployment Architecture

GUID of a search-head cluster

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm reading the docs about sharing summaries between search-heads and I'm a bit puzzled.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.1/Knowledge/Sharedatamodelsummaries

The article states: "You can find the GUID for a search head cluster in the [shclustering] stanza of server.conf. If you are running a single instance you can find the GUID in etc/instance.cfg. "

But in my case the only guids I can find are those on single shcluster members in etc/instance.cfg. Of course each one is different. I cannot seem to find a "search head cluster GUID" anywhere.

What am I doing wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

In Search Head Cluster, you can find GUID in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/server.conf under [shclustering] stanza and parameter name is id

id = <GUID>
* Unique identifier for this cluster as a whole, shared across all cluster
  members.
* Default: Splunk software arranges for a unique value to be generated and
  shared across all members.

View solution in original post

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

In Search Head Cluster, you can find GUID in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/server.conf under [shclustering] stanza and parameter name is id

id = <GUID>
* Unique identifier for this cluster as a whole, shared across all cluster
  members.
* Default: Splunk software arranges for a unique value to be generated and
  shared across all members.

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Argh. I was looking for a guid parameter, not id. That's why I couldn't find it.

Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...