Deployment Architecture

Forwarders 7.3.2 with deployment server 6.5.3

ktn01
Path Finder

Hello,

I it possible to deploy apps with a deployment server is on version 6.5.3 to clients on version 6.[45].x ?

I know that a deployment server on 8.0.0 can server client with version 6.x or above but I don't found the minimum deployment server version for a client on 8.0.0 or 7.3.2

Best regards
Christian

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

Hello
6.x deployment servers are compatible with deployment clients running 5.0 and above.

Source : https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.3/Updating/Planadeployment#Client_version_compatibi...

0 Karma

dvb
Path Finder

The question was asked the other way around and is still not answered anywhere.

I.e. yes FWD 7.x can connect to DS 8.x

but can FWD 8.x connect to DS 7.x?

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

probably it could connect to it, but I’m quite sure that it’s not a supported configuration. For all other components it has said that “server” part must be a higher level. Only exeption (what I have found) is that indexer peers could be a lower level than SHs but also there is remarks that only temporarily.

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...