Deployment Architecture

Forwarder not appearing in unix app

ylsul
Explorer

Hi,
I have a universal forwarder that sends information to my indexer. Both have the *nix app installed.

From the deployment monitor, I can see the forwarder sending data to the indexer, but this host never appears in the *nix list of hosts.

Is there something I need to do to get the unix app to recognize this forwarder?

Tags (2)

pickerin
Path Finder

I have the answer!

The Unix App will not see new hosts until you MANUALLY add them to a Category / Group (under Settings > Categories)

0 Karma

pickerin
Path Finder

Old post, but no answers, and I'm having the same problem. Have followed all of the documentation. Host appears as a Forwarder, but does not appear in the Unix App. Nothing I do seems to help.

Even built a deployment server, and redeployed the application that way, no luck.

0 Karma

ylsul
Explorer

I installed another universal forwarder on another host. I also installed the unix Technical Addon in my forwarder.

Same deal, however: The Deployment monitor sees data being passed through, but the Unix app on the indexer never updates. The only host listed is itself.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk Life | Splunk is Officially Part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint. Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...