Deployment Architecture

Forwarder Management Issue

jafaruddinlie
Engager

Hi all
I am getting this message on Splunk 6.2.0 after upgrading from 5:

The forwarder management interface does not support some settings in your serverclass.conf file. The interface is now read-only.

One of the offending lines (from the search): WARN DS_DC_Common - Attribute unsupported by UI: stanza=serverClass:windows property=filterType reason='unsupported at this level' The stanza looks OK in the conf file.

The screen is now in read-only mode, can anyone help me with this? Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

lguinn2
Legend

filterType is not supported by Forwarder Management at any level. You must remove all filterType attributes from serverclass.conf
if you want to use Forwarder Management.

Here is a List of incompatibilities between the old serverclass.conf and what is supported by Forwarder Management.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

filterType is not supported by Forwarder Management at any level. You must remove all filterType attributes from serverclass.conf
if you want to use Forwarder Management.

Here is a List of incompatibilities between the old serverclass.conf and what is supported by Forwarder Management.

0 Karma

carmitstead
Explorer

Found it. Instead of finding it in my deploymentclient app's serverclass.conf, I found the filterType directives in my $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/serverclass.conf. They are commented and the errors are gone.

0 Karma

carmitstead
Explorer

Thanks for the answer. I don't have it specified anywhere that I know of. But I'll do a thorough check.

carmitstead
Explorer

I'm also getting this error message. The filterType directive is not declared at the global or app level at all. Thinking that I have to declare it in each stanza?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...