Deployment Architecture

Forwarder Management Issue

jafaruddinlie
Engager

Hi all
I am getting this message on Splunk 6.2.0 after upgrading from 5:

The forwarder management interface does not support some settings in your serverclass.conf file. The interface is now read-only.

One of the offending lines (from the search): WARN DS_DC_Common - Attribute unsupported by UI: stanza=serverClass:windows property=filterType reason='unsupported at this level' The stanza looks OK in the conf file.

The screen is now in read-only mode, can anyone help me with this? Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

lguinn2
Legend

filterType is not supported by Forwarder Management at any level. You must remove all filterType attributes from serverclass.conf
if you want to use Forwarder Management.

Here is a List of incompatibilities between the old serverclass.conf and what is supported by Forwarder Management.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

filterType is not supported by Forwarder Management at any level. You must remove all filterType attributes from serverclass.conf
if you want to use Forwarder Management.

Here is a List of incompatibilities between the old serverclass.conf and what is supported by Forwarder Management.

0 Karma

carmitstead
Explorer

Found it. Instead of finding it in my deploymentclient app's serverclass.conf, I found the filterType directives in my $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/serverclass.conf. They are commented and the errors are gone.

0 Karma

carmitstead
Explorer

Thanks for the answer. I don't have it specified anywhere that I know of. But I'll do a thorough check.

carmitstead
Explorer

I'm also getting this error message. The filterType directive is not declared at the global or app level at all. Thinking that I have to declare it in each stanza?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...