Deployment Architecture

Forward data from one SH to another indexer which are not connected in any away ??

akhil36109

I have a search head - COB
i have two indexers connected to it - Ind1 and Ind2

and I have another indexer MBS01 which doesnt have any connection with above SH and Indexers.

Now i want to run a query which gives me some required fields as results in COB
for example say device_name, device_Id, cust_name, cust_ID

now i want this results sent into MBS01 indexer into a summary index called "OPS_index"which doesnt have any connection to "COB SH".

Note: Now after sending d required fields to MBS01 and storing them into summaryindex="OPS_index" , I want to run a ML prediction query in MBS01 on this summary index.

QUESTIONS:

1.Can i install UF in COB and export the results as csv and using UF can i send to summaryindex="OPS_Index" in MBS01??
so if i do use UF wil it get re-indexed again in MBS01 ??
so if its re-indexed can i run the ML PREDICTION query ??

is there any other way to forward results from COB SH to MBS01 ??

Tags (1)
0 Karma

starcher
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could use an alert action to send the search results to a HTTP Event Collector for the other indexer. https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3508/

0 Karma

DUThibault
Contributor

You could have a UF on COB working on behalf of MBS01, it would merely need to watch some file, which could be updated by a script on COB. Seems a roundabout way of doing things, however.

0 Karma

HiroshiSatoh
Champion
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...