Deployment Architecture

Enable the deployment server on our splunk indexer

kml_uvce
Builder

I want to enable the deployment server on our splunk indexer, how i can do this ?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

On the designated Splunk Indexer, if you setup a serverclass.conf file in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local and then restart, this will basically enable the Indexer as a Deployment Server.Subsequent updates to this file don't require a restart, you can use the CLI reload command.

You can then setup your deployment clients and deployment apps.

Much more info here.

Note : I prefer to use a dedicated Splunk instance(running in a VM) purely in the role of a Splunk Management Server, typically running just as a Deployment Server and License Master.

View solution in original post

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

On the designated Splunk Indexer, if you setup a serverclass.conf file in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local and then restart, this will basically enable the Indexer as a Deployment Server.Subsequent updates to this file don't require a restart, you can use the CLI reload command.

You can then setup your deployment clients and deployment apps.

Much more info here.

Note : I prefer to use a dedicated Splunk instance(running in a VM) purely in the role of a Splunk Management Server, typically running just as a Deployment Server and License Master.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...