Deployment Architecture

Editing search peer ip address

sonicZ
Contributor

I am in the process of setting up my Splunk 6.0.2 cluster here and when connecting to the master node it appears the search peer is using my default IP of my eth0 interface.

These search peers have multiple ips, including a bonded virtual ip for redundancy.
How can i specify a bonded virtual IP to be used as the search peer name/address?
would i have to make changes to the local routing table or can i just specify the IP in Splunk?
I dont see an option to make changes in the master or from the search peer when i add it to the cluster

0 Karma
1 Solution

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi sonicZ,

have a look at the SPLUNK_BINDIP option in splunk-launch.conf this should take care of binding Splunk an a specific IP.

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi sonicZ,

have a look at the SPLUNK_BINDIP option in splunk-launch.conf this should take care of binding Splunk an a specific IP.

cheers, MuS

sonicZ
Contributor

excellent, got it running on the bonded ip now. Now i need to figure out how to edit the previous cluster ip to the new ip

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...