Deployment Architecture

Does splunk enterprise trial support index replication?

sympatiko
Communicator

Hi,

Good day! Just want to know if splunk enterprise trial support index replication?

Thanks,
Eddel

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gfuente
Motivator

Hello

Enterprise Trial license is full featured, so yes it supports index replication. But after the trial if you convert the License to Free then you will lose some features

Regards

View solution in original post

gfuente
Motivator

Hello

Enterprise Trial license is full featured, so yes it supports index replication. But after the trial if you convert the License to Free then you will lose some features

Regards

sympatiko
Communicator

Hi gfuente,

Thanks for your quick help. My setup is a replication factor of 2 and search factor 1. I have this situation wherein I tried to shutdown my indexer 1 I assume that replication is happening then tried to search for a data and those stored on the indexer1 doesn't showed.
Any tips?

Thanks so much

0 Karma

sympatiko
Communicator

Very much thankful!! You save me!

0 Karma

sympatiko
Communicator

Thanks so much! It means the disk usage will be doubled? I read this blog http://blogs.splunk.com/2013/01/31/disk-space-estimator-for-index-replication/ . As I've understand it will still divided by the number of RF? Is it? I'm currently having a capacity plan for my setup of 5GB/day with 3 indexers and 1 search head. Having maximum of 15 concurrent searches a day.

Thanks so much!!

0 Karma

gfuente
Motivator

Yes, you will need additional space for that extra copy of searchable data. But if you require data available when one peer goes down then you need that additional space...

You can use this calculator to estimate your storage requirements:

http://splunk-sizing.appspot.com/#c=1&i=2&sf=2&st=v&v=10

Regards

0 Karma

sympatiko
Communicator

Hi gfuente,

Thank u so much for your time. It means I need to have additional search head for search replication of 2?

Thanks,

0 Karma

gfuente
Motivator

Not at all. You can have 1 Search Head, and 2 Indexers with RF=2 and SF=2. SF is not related with the number of search Heads. Search Factor defines how many number of copies of the index files are replicated, while Replication Factor is the same but for the raw data.

0 Karma

gfuente
Motivator

You need both factors at 2, search replication at 2, to have the data "searchable" in case of failure of 1 indexer

Regards

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...