Deployment Architecture

Do I need to point a new search head to the master node or search peers of an indexer cluster?

saifuddin9122
Path Finder

Hello,

I have an indexer cluster setup. I don't want to configure a search head node in a cluster. I want to start a new Splunk Enterprise instance that I want to enable as a search head and search across the clustered indexers
1) is this possible?
2) if yes, can I see it in the master node dashboard?

Thanks,
SK

0 Karma
1 Solution

Steve_G_
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It's a bit unclear from your question exactly what you want to do. I think that you're asking whether you can search the indexer cluster from a search head that's not part of a search head cluster. If that's your question, then, the answer is "yes, that's a standard configuration."

You do need to designate the search head as a node in the indexer cluster, however. See: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.1/Indexer/Enablethesearchhead

View solution in original post

Steve_G_
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It's a bit unclear from your question exactly what you want to do. I think that you're asking whether you can search the indexer cluster from a search head that's not part of a search head cluster. If that's your question, then, the answer is "yes, that's a standard configuration."

You do need to designate the search head as a node in the indexer cluster, however. See: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.1/Indexer/Enablethesearchhead

saifuddin9122
Path Finder

Thanks for your answer
and sorry , my question was unclear.

0 Karma

prakash007
Builder
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...