Deployment Architecture

Distributing scripts using deployment server

meenuvn
Explorer

Hi Splunkers,
Need help with a deployment server concept. Referred splunk docs and few similiar answers, still i'm missing something.

Scenario : I have few scripted inputs and the related input.conf which need to be distributed to a set of UFs in the environment.
Using deployment server, I created an app and then kept the script and input.conf so as to be send down to the clients.
App got distributed and is placed in etc/apps/ folder.
But for the scripted input to work, Splunk expects it to be in $SPLUNK_HOME\bin\scripts folder.

How will I handle this?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

Scripts can exist inside the apps folder etc/apps/your_app_name/bin/scripts.
You just have to make sure you call the script form your inputs as $SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/apps/your_app_name/bin/scripts/your_script

View solution in original post

0 Karma

hardikJsheth
Motivator

You can keep script in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/your_app/bin/ folder. The entry in the inputs.conf should be same as before.
i.e
[script://./bin/Server.py]
disabled = false
interval = 0

Splunk first look for script in the bin folder of the app, then bin folder of the search app and finally under $SPLUNK_HOME/bin/scripts/

0 Karma

meenuvn
Explorer

Thanks for the quick reply gpradeepkumarreddy & hardikJsheth.
So I'm now retrying like this
1. KEpt the script under Scripts/bin/scripts folder.
2. Added input.conf file under Scripts/local folder.

Splunk log in the client machine shows this error.
07-14-2016 00:36:47.562 -0400 ERROR FrameworkUtils - Incorrect path to script: C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\Scripted_Inputs\bin\scripts\Invoke_ErrorDCN.bat. Script must be located inside $SPLUNK_HOME\bin\scripts.
07-14-2016 00:36:47.562 -0400 ERROR ExecProcessor - Ignoring: ""C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\Scripted_Inputs\bin\scripts\Invoke_ErrorDCN.bat""

0 Karma

agentguerry
Path Finder

I have this same issue. what was the fix?

0 Karma

meenuvn
Explorer

Never mind..There was a small mistake..Corrected it and got it working. Thanks much.

0 Karma

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

Scripts can exist inside the apps folder etc/apps/your_app_name/bin/scripts.
You just have to make sure you call the script form your inputs as $SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/apps/your_app_name/bin/scripts/your_script

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...