Deployment Architecture

DistributedPeerManager - Unable to distribute to peer named at uri https:// :8089 because peer has status = "Authentication Failed".

rmaddodi
Engager

Hi I recently changed couple of SSL keys on my splunk web and indexer servers and after that I am getting authentication failure from both indexer server on port 8089 whenever I log on to web gui on splunk web server. And other thing is I verified that both of my indexer server including web server are up and running and port 8089 are open and I can telnet to it. I searched couple suggestions on splunk answer but I am still having the same issue, so I reverted back my changes to original keys but still I am getting same error whenever I log on to splunk web gui. Any suggestion or answers are welcome.

Thanks
Rama

1 Solution

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You probably need to go in and re-authenticate to your distributed search peers via Settings > Distributed environment > Distributed search > Search peers. If you see an authentication failed message, click on the failed hosts and enter a valid admin user and password.

View solution in original post

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You probably need to go in and re-authenticate to your distributed search peers via Settings > Distributed environment > Distributed search > Search peers. If you see an authentication failed message, click on the failed hosts and enter a valid admin user and password.

sathiyasun
Explorer

Thanks It worked.

0 Karma

immortalraghava
Path Finder

Hi,
Any ideas on how to re-authenticate from command line ?
Thanks in advance

0 Karma

rmaddodi
Engager

Thank You, that worked. Both of my indexers are connected and syncing successfully.

Thanks
Rama

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...