Deployment Architecture

Distributed search from a SH Cluster to multiple Indexer Clusters

Aatom
Explorer

Hey Splunkers!

We have multiple IDX/SH clusters that are peered based on regulatory/compliance/operational reasons. We have a specific SHC that we would like to de-peer from an older IDX cluster. Indexes are reused and migrated across different IDX clusters frequently.

What is the fastest and most accurate way to see what data is being fetched from the IDX clusters by a SHC?

Thanks in Advance!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

burwell
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi.  Just by searching answers I found these two: You can list the indexers your heads are talking to with

| rest /services/server/info | table splunk_server

You can list all the indexes with tstats (you would need a large window of time, possibly)

| tstats count WHERE index=* by index | table index

0 Karma

Aatom
Explorer

Thanks @burwell , we know we are currently peered, and am familiar with both the options you provided, but I am trying to go deeper. What I would like to find is an output that shows actual results (bytes, buckets, meta, etc) returned from the Indexer Cluster we want to de-peer from, based on the outgoing queries from the SHC.

0 Karma

burwell
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You want to know when your users are querying the indexers you want to de peer from?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...