Deployment Architecture

Deployment Server and deployment apps issue.

splunktrainingu
Communicator

I am having issues with my deployment app config files. Whenever I edit the config file for my applications in my deployment apps and save it it doesn't replicate to those deployment clients. From my understanding the clients check their md5 hash of the apps in their folder and the server compares then pushes the new config files. I am not seeing any of my changes propagate because I know that I edited the config file and added event ID 4776 to be blacklisted and I can see it in my search results.

How do I fix this?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

splunktrainingu
Communicator

Silly me, so under forwarder management you have to go to the apps tab and check the splunkd restart box and this fixed the the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

splunktrainingu
Communicator

Silly me, so under forwarder management you have to go to the apps tab and check the splunkd restart box and this fixed the the problem.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...