Deployment Architecture

Deployment Planning - Search Head and Forwarder for M365

rmakjr0318

Hello, 

Wanted to ask the community for some help on getting server build specifications for a stand alone search head/forwarder. We want to keep this search head/forwarder dedicated for M365 traffic. Any suggestions or documentation would be very helpful. Thank you. 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

it depends how big your m365 environment is and what all data you want to collect from it. In general point of view basic HF should be enough even virtually. If/when it’s virtual you could easily update it to bigger or smaller if/when needed. 
r. Ismo

0 Karma

rmakjr0318

Thanks for the reply. We are looking to support about 3500 users so I agree with your suggestion. Where can I find documentation on heavy forwarder specifications? I can only see the documentation for universal. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...