Data truncated to 100kb only

mufthmu
Path Finder

I have edited the props.conf file of the indexer and UF to the following:

[sourcetype]
TRUNCATE=0
MAX_EVENTS=10000

but nothing works.
According to this thread https://answers.splunk.com/answers/155691/why-are-larger-events-are-truncated-10000-bytes.html ,
There is heavy forwarder involved. How do I know if my data flows thru a heavy forwarder before it reaches the indexer?
I have researched on this for ~4hours and still no luck
thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

To find out if the HF is involved, 1) check the outputs.conf on the UF to see if output goes to the HF; 2) check inputs.conf on the HF to see if the sourcetype in question is reference.

Belt-and-suspenders approach: put the props.conf on the HF anyway. It won't hurt.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

mufthmu
Path Finder

I figured out the issue. I just simply needed to restart the forwarder and the indexer from the bin.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

To find out if the HF is involved, 1) check the outputs.conf on the UF to see if output goes to the HF; 2) check inputs.conf on the HF to see if the sourcetype in question is reference.

Belt-and-suspenders approach: put the props.conf on the HF anyway. It won't hurt.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

mufthmu
Path Finder

Thanks @richgalloway , This actually answered the question.
There is no HF involved in the data flow. However, Splunk still does not respond to the props.conf file that I updated both in Indexer AND the UF itself.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...