Deployment Architecture

Copying serverclass.conf to cold Deployment Server

edhealea
Path Finder

I have setup a second Deployment Server for disaster recovery purposes. I am using rsync in a cron job to copy the deployment-apps directory and the serverclass.conf file over from the primary DS to the cold DS. When I look at my cold DS Forward Management console my Apps number match with the primary DS but my Server Classes are short by three server classes.
I grep the serverclass.conf from both servers and the missing classes are not there plus I have looked in the default/serverclass.conf.
What would cause three not to copy over? Is there another file I need to grab off the primary DS?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @edhealea,

While you make config changes using GUI, serverclass.conf can get created on different apps. You can find all serverclass.conf files that active using btool.

./splunk btool serverclass list --debug | grep local

Merging all of them into one app and making all further changes inside that app would prevent rsync loose a config.

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @edhealea,

While you make config changes using GUI, serverclass.conf can get created on different apps. You can find all serverclass.conf files that active using btool.

./splunk btool serverclass list --debug | grep local

Merging all of them into one app and making all further changes inside that app would prevent rsync loose a config.

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma

edhealea
Path Finder

Thanks!
Using your btool command located the missing server classes. 
Everything is working as expected.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...