Deployment Architecture

Changing the ownership of Orphaned searches in Splunk cloud

santosh_hb
Explorer

I would like to change the ownership of a couple of Orphaned searches in Splunk cloud. How can I do it in GUI?
Is it possible to do it in GUI? If yes, please guide me with the steps.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You generally have several options:

For the desired option (through the Search Head GUI), upgrade to v6.6.* to get the new "Reassign Knowledge Objects" function:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.6.0/Knowledge/Resolveorphanedsearches

From the Search Head CLI or search bar:
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/295303/how-do-i-change-the-owner-of-a-saved-search-or-vie.html

From the Search Head CLI with editor:
You can update the metadata in the location where the savedsearches.conf file exists. For instance, I've got a saved search in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/search/local, you can change the owner in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/search/metadata/local.meta. You will have to hit the _bump endpoint to get it to take effect immediately for you or just wait a while (refresh will not be immediate).

From the GUI brute force (works anywhere, even Cloud):
Go the the Saved searches, reports, and alerts configuration page and find your searches and one-by-one, click the Clone link and then the Delete link.

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

See if this works:

Go to settings -> searches, reports, and alerts

Find the orphaned searches.

Click on permissions

Change the permissions on the search from private to app/global

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...