Deployment Architecture

Changing sslPassword in server.conf

kevingunn

I'm trying to setup an index and searchhead cluster and want to use SSL, however, when I modify the sslPassword to use something other than the default value of 'password', I get the following error:

Socket error from 127.0.0.1 while idling: error:1407609C:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:http request

Thanks on the cluster master, I get a similar SSL error on the searchheads as well. If change the sslPassword value back to password in server.conf, it works fine.

Is it possible to use something other than the default password for ther server cert? If so, how would I go about changing the password?

Thanks.

0 Karma

ddrillic
Ultra Champion

I think the password is assigned to the key/cert... so, if you use the out-of-the-box certs the password is fixed.
Maybe I'm wrong ; -)

0 Karma

kevingunn

Thanks @ddrillic - my confusion was trying to set the splunkweb certs up with a password, which would cause issues. So, I deployed different certs with a password set to use on the server with splunkd and got that working. Splunk starts up without complaining about password being set and such.

However, I am still getting the error message:
HttpListener - Socket error from 127.0.0.1 while idling: error:1407609C:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:http request

I don't know where this is coming from. This error is appearing on the cluster master and search heads.

0 Karma

ddrillic
Ultra Champion

I saw them before and they are benign ... not sure how to clear them.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...