Deployment Architecture

Change the day from where the week starts in bucket.

tikoonikhil
Explorer

I am running this query in splunk which aggregates and bucketizes the data on a weekly basis , based on the field "impact_start" and gives me the output. But the problem is that the start of the week in the output is Thursday rather than Monday.
Is there any way i can change the start of the week to Monday instead of Thursday?

search index=* impact=1 OR impact=2 product_line=* | eval time = round( strptime(impact_start,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"), 0 )| where time >= 1473328728 AND time<=1476352728| bucket time span=7d | stats values(number) as incident_name by time
0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

See if this works

search index=* impact=1 OR impact=2 product_line=* 
| eval time = round( strptime(impact_start,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"), 0 ) 
| where time >= 1473328728 AND time<=1476352728 
| evenstats earliest(_time) as e
| eval time=if(e=_time AND _time>relative_time(_time, "-@w1"), mvrange(relative_time(_time, "-@w1"), _time), _time)
| mvexpand time
| fillnull number
| bucket time span=7d 
| stats values(number) as incident_name by time
0 Karma

davebrooking
Contributor

I think this answer may point you in the right direction

Dave

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...