Deployment Architecture

Can you mix Splunk Cloud and Splunk Enterprise?

peter_krammer
Communicator

I want to know if it's possible to mix Splunk Cloud and Enterprise?
We currently have multiple Splunk Clusters in different datacenters.
My Goal is to get maximum reliability out of it and have one search head cluster be able to search all data reliably.

My plan would be to have two multi-site clusters, each consisting of two datacenters with each datacenter having 3+ indexers.
One multi-site cluster would be in the American region and one in Europe.

In Splunk Cloud I would like to have one search head cluster which can search through both multi-site clusters.
Also I would like to have roles like deployment-server, cluster master, search head deployer and license master also in Splunk Cloud.

How would Licensing for Splunk Cloud work, since we would not ingest Data there?

0 Karma

masonmorales
Influencer

From what you described, you wouldn't even need Splunk Cloud. You could spin-up a few VMs on any Cloud services platform (e.g. AWS, Digital Ocean, etc.), install Splunk on them, configure them as a search head cluster, and point them at your master node so that they can search your on-prem indexer clusters.

0 Karma

dbourg_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Peter, this is a question best left addressed by your sales rep and SE. Technically it is possible, but again, speak with your rep so we can better understand your needs and provide the right-sized solution.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...