Deployment Architecture

Can you help me migrate from Windows running 6.2.3 to Centos 7 running Splunk 7.1.3?

RobPatton

Like the title says, moving from an old Windows install to a Centos build.

I have set up and tested the new build, but have run into a few issues while testing

1. If I stop Splunk, and attempt to move the files in the DB, SOME of the files move, but others give some sort of file handler error. Have tried stopping the services, as well as Splunk stop. The files that DO copy, do show up in the destination

2. I don't get any alerts, reports, etc in the copy.

Sure would be cool if there was an app that you could enter server1IP/creds, server2ip/creds and it migrates the data from server 1 to server 2. Does such a tool exist?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...