In a clustered configuration, is it possible to set different replication factors per index? This could come in handy for reducing the replication value for extremely large indexes or increasing the replication factor on super important indexes.
repFactor = <nonnegative integer>|auto
* Only relevant if this instance is a clustering slave (but see note about "auto" below).
* See server.conf spec for details on clustering configuration.
* Value of 0 turns off replication for this index.
* If set to "auto", slave will use whatever value the master is configured with
* Highest legal value is 4294967295
The master has one replication_factor which it applies to all the indexes. The repFactor set per index currently only serves to turn on/off clustering (via auto and 0 resp) and cannot be used to set per-index replication factor. (So if clustering is turned on for that index via auto the master applies the same global replication policy to it.) So, yea, there is no per-index replication policy and the indexes.conf documentation should be clearer that the only values currently valid are 0 and auto.