Deployment Architecture

Can't see newly created indexes on search head in distributed search

kjstogn
Explorer

I have a single indexer and single search head with the indexer attached as a search peer and I created one index called "winevent" on the indexer.

I don't understand why the search head cannot see this index or auto complete it when I type it in search.

Is there another file I need to modify to make my search head aware of the indexes in an indexer?

I haven't seen a real clear answer on this and I am trying to expand my Splunk instance from all in one to distributed architecture

0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Autocomplete is based on existing events, so a newly created empty index will not appear.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Autocomplete is based on existing events, so a newly created empty index will not appear.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...