Deployment Architecture

Can't see newly created indexes on search head in distributed search

kjstogn
Explorer

I have a single indexer and single search head with the indexer attached as a search peer and I created one index called "winevent" on the indexer.

I don't understand why the search head cannot see this index or auto complete it when I type it in search.

Is there another file I need to modify to make my search head aware of the indexes in an indexer?

I haven't seen a real clear answer on this and I am trying to expand my Splunk instance from all in one to distributed architecture

0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Autocomplete is based on existing events, so a newly created empty index will not appear.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Autocomplete is based on existing events, so a newly created empty index will not appear.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...