Deployment Architecture

Can Splunk Web be Hosted on its own Server?

Ed11375
Explorer
Can Splunk Web in a Splunk Enterprise solution be hosted on a server other than the Splunk Search Head? We are currently hosting Splunk Enterprise 8.0.1 on two servers: Search/Indexer and Heavy Forwarder. Splunk Web is running on the Search/Indexer and is integrated with our corporate LDAP system for user logon authentication. We recently acquired a third server which has twice the processing power and RAM than our current Search/Indexer so we are moving the Search/Indexer to that server and will use the old server as a second forwarder. The new server is not inside our corporate domain so LDAP integration will be a challenge. Can the Splunk Web service be hosted on a server other than the Splunk Search Head so we can host Splunk Web on a server within our corporate domain? If so, what are the resource requirements for the Splunk Web host?
Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk Web is not a separate instance.  It is part of the search head and cannot be run separately.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk Web is not a separate instance.  It is part of the search head and cannot be run separately.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

Ed11375
Explorer
Thanks for your reply. It is unfortunate that Splunk does not support this configuration. Hopefully they will be able to support this in the near future.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...