Deployment Architecture

Can I use and deploy Splunk on the internal servers of our company?

wiremann1

Hello,

Could you please tell me – can I deploy your product Splunk (used for gathering and analyzing logs) on the internal servers of our company or it’s possible to use only online servers splunk?

I would like to understand whether it’s possible to store logs on the internal servers of our company, not yours.

Thank you!

0 Karma

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Yes, Splunk can be installed on your internal servers, even on desktops/laptops.
- online servers (splunk cloud) is only for some other specific requirements(internal servers not available, just for a Proof of a Concept project, festive sessions load mgmt, etc).

yes, you can index your logs and analyse them. to understand, what types of logs you can monitor, please find this document -
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.1/Data/WhatSplunkcanmonitor

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, you absolutely can install Splunk on your own servers and store your data there. That's the original way Splunk worked and it is still very common. Just go so splunk.com and click the "Free Splunk" button to begin. Depending on the amount of data you wish to store, you may need to install Splunk on multiple servers.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...