Deployment Architecture

Can I upgrade a search head cluster by a rolling upgrade?

sasameyuki
Explorer

Hello Community,

I want to upgrade an indexer cluster and a search head cluster from 6.3.3 to 6.3.4.
From Splunk docs, I could understand that I can upgrade an indexer cluster by a rolling upgrade.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.3/Indexer/Upgradeacluster#Upgrade_to_a_new_maintenan...

But I cannot find information about a search head cluster. Splunk docs only describes upgrading a search head.
Can I upgrade a search head cluster by a rolling upgrade?

0 Karma
1 Solution

preotesoiu
Path Finder

just a side note here, when we have performed the upgrade we had to execute a rolling restart after that.

0 Karma

sasameyuki
Explorer

Thank you for answering.
But I want to know about a rolling upgrade(online upgrade)...

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

As per the same page

Note the following:

All cluster members must be running the same version of Splunk Enterprise (down to the maintenance level).

So, the in place upgrade is not possible(I infer).

0 Karma

sasameyuki
Explorer

Thank you!!
I would read the docs again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...