Deployment Architecture

Can I upgrade a search head cluster by a rolling upgrade?

sasameyuki
Explorer

Hello Community,

I want to upgrade an indexer cluster and a search head cluster from 6.3.3 to 6.3.4.
From Splunk docs, I could understand that I can upgrade an indexer cluster by a rolling upgrade.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.3/Indexer/Upgradeacluster#Upgrade_to_a_new_maintenan...

But I cannot find information about a search head cluster. Splunk docs only describes upgrading a search head.
Can I upgrade a search head cluster by a rolling upgrade?

0 Karma
1 Solution

preotesoiu
Path Finder

just a side note here, when we have performed the upgrade we had to execute a rolling restart after that.

0 Karma

sasameyuki
Explorer

Thank you for answering.
But I want to know about a rolling upgrade(online upgrade)...

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As per the same page

Note the following:

All cluster members must be running the same version of Splunk Enterprise (down to the maintenance level).

So, the in place upgrade is not possible(I infer).

0 Karma

sasameyuki
Explorer

Thank you!!
I would read the docs again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...