Deployment Architecture

Bucket replication issues - No possible srcs for replication

damode
Motivator

I have approx. 35k buckets under Fixup Tasks Pending (35k).

1. Under Fixup Category Search Factor
    1. Current Status - Missing enough suitable candidates to create searchable copy in order to meet replication policy. Missing={ default:1 }
    2. Time in Fixup - 17 hour(s) 8 minute(s)
    3. Fixup Reason -  unmet rf
  2. Under Fixup Category Replication Factor
    1. Status - No possible srcs for replication
    2. Time in Fixup - 17 hour(s) 8 minute(s)
    3. Fixup Reason - unmet rf

Env. details -

• 3 x Indexers in a cluster, 1 ES, 2 regular non-clustered SHs, 1 DS
  • RF=2
  • SF=2
  • Third indexer was just newly added 4 days ago.

Can someone please advise the cause of these issues and how I can fix this ?

Background - after adding new (third) Indexer, there was some storage issue due to which it went to automatic detention but which we eventually fixed it and brought back to cluster from detention. All Indexers are up and running. After that, to fix the above issue, based on some post I did rolling restart and restarted CM but still no change to the above.

Labels (3)

haraksin
Path Finder

It appears that the best fix for this is to restart the Splunk process on the indexer master - note that restarting via the GUI does not work.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...