Deployment Architecture

Best Practice forward search head to indexer but dispatch folder fills -how to not forward dispatch

medunmeyer
Explorer

I am setting up distributed deployment monitor and trying to follow the Best Practices of sending the search head internal data to the indexers but using the basic recommended outputs.conf it also forwards the files in the dispatch folder to the indexer. I have very limited space for this folder on the indexer. How do you not forward the dispatch folder?

Thanks

0 Karma

medunmeyer
Explorer

Thanks all - I ended up expanding the /opt partition - thanks lguinn you.

0 Karma

lweber
Path Finder

guessing, that the files you are referring to are the app bundles replicated to search peers... and not indexed data.

if true, you can blacklist the files you do not want to be replicated in distsearch.conf

see also: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.0/Admin/Distsearchconf#REPLICATION_BLACKLIST_OPTION...

hope this helps.

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

outputs.conf does not control what is forwarded, only where the data is sent.
It should not be forwarding the dispatch directory. The internal logs are found in $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk

Can you post the outputs.conf and the inputs.conf that you are using?

0 Karma

medunmeyer
Explorer

sorry I ment distributed monitoring console-

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...