Deployment Architecture

Anyone get *NIX to work on AIX?

Branden
Builder

I realize that the *NIX app is not supported on AIX. Has anyone had any luck getting it to work? I've seen it in action on Solaris and would love to run it on our AIX servers.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

digitalcjc

Think of the *NIX app as prototype or example of what you could do. Anything to prevent you from enhancing the app to use scripted-inputs that make use of the appropriate AIX commands?

0 Karma

treinke
Builder

Please do as I know there are a lot of people using AIX.

There are no answer without questions
0 Karma

Branden
Builder

In the time since I started this post, I've done just that: used scripted inputs to make my own *NIX app for AIX. I use it to monitor CPU usage, file systems, and paging right now. I toyed around with lsof but that produced just too much output; need to tweak that one a bit.
Someday, if I get time, maybe I'll write more and package it as an app for Splunkbase. 🙂

0 Karma

treinke
Builder

From http://answers.splunk.com/questions/4491/nix-app-for-aix

Unfortunately, the *NIX app currently supports only the following: Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD, and MacOS X.

There are no answer without questions
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...