Deployment Architecture

After upgrading my Indexer Cluster to 8.0.1, why is the replication status "pending"?

sudhir7
Explorer

I have two indexers in my Splunk environment running in the cluster mode. After upgrading the Splunk cluster from version 7.2.0 to version 8.0.1, I have the problem with replication data. One machine stays with Pending Status, and Status Searchable.

Has anyone else faced a similar situation?

0 Karma

wmyersas
Builder

First, two indexers does not a cluster make: you need to have at least three to really be clustered - and more is better yet.

Second, what are your Search and Replication Factors (SF, RF)? If they're SF:1, RF:2, then only one copy is supposed to be searchable.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...