Deployment Architecture

Adding a cluster to a search-head

a212830
Champion

Hi,

I have two new clusters to add to my search-peers. The original setup was a done a while ago, and by someone else, so this is a first for me. I see that I can add the cluster to the search-head via "Clustering-Add-Cluster-to-be-searched", but I also noticed that each of the individual servers was listed as search-peers under "Settings-Distributed Search". Do I add them to one, then the other? Or will adding the cluster automatically add the individual servers to the distributed search list?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you're trying to let a search head search across its existing search peer's cluster and a to-be-added cluster, you should be able to add this new (to-be-added) cluster the same way you added the first one. You point it to the master node. I think this is what you're looking for: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Indexer/Configuremulti-clustersearch
Clarify if I misunderstood?

View solution in original post

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you're trying to let a search head search across its existing search peer's cluster and a to-be-added cluster, you should be able to add this new (to-be-added) cluster the same way you added the first one. You point it to the master node. I think this is what you're looking for: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Indexer/Configuremulti-clustersearch
Clarify if I misunderstood?

a212830
Champion

Thanks Burch. I figured it out, and it worked as you described. I had never added a cluster to our existing search-heads, so this was a first.

0 Karma

a212830
Champion

Anyone?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...