Deployment Architecture

2 Universal Forwarders on the same host - outputs app managed by one Deployment Server

schava
Engager

We have a setup on a linux server, where we would like to use two separate Splunk Universal Forwarders to monitor different sets of files. How do we setup the deploymentclient.conf file for the two. One of Universal Forwarder is already active and in production, we want to bring up the new Universal Forwarder on the same server, but are stuck with what configs should be given in deploymentclient.conf as the outputs.conf is managed through the Deployment Server.
Could anyone please advice on how to go about this.
Thanks.
Regards,
schava

Tags (1)
0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

differenciate them with a clientName in deploymentclient.conf
see http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/4.3.5/Admin/Deploymentclientconf

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...