Dashboards & Visualizations

why doesn't splunk respect the HTML/XML width commands?

machstell

Why does SPLUNK .css default to over-riding manual width statements? I've seen several potential solutions, but this seems contradictive to the whole W3C idea of standard coding. I should not have to boot-strap a bullshit javascript into all my dashboards just to get desired width within a row. BELOW is example - and the two cells are ALWAYS displayed as a 50/50 of the row. SPLUNK should respect standard HTML/XML coding standards and any manual (converted) dashboard should not be overwritten by some default .css -- that just makes zero sense.

<div id="panel7" class="dashboard-cell" style="width: 10%;">
        <div class="dashboard-panel clearfix">
            <h2 class="panel-title">Latest UV Index</h2>

<div class="panel-element-row">
                <div id="element7" class="dashboard-element single" style="width: 10%">
                    <div class="panel-body"></div>
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
    <div id="panel9" class="dashboard-cell" style="width: 90%;">
        <div class="dashboard-panel clearfix">
            <h2 class="panel-title">Solar Radiation (8 hrs)</h2>

<div class="panel-element-row">
                <div id="element9" class="dashboard-element chart" style="width: 90%">
                    <div class="panel-body"></div>
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>
0 Karma

kmaron
Motivator

have you seen this method? It's not exactly what you're referring to but it's closer and better/easier than javascript

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/630436/how-to-change-the-width-of-panels-in-xml.html

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...