Dashboards & Visualizations

visualization of text

cannstatt
Explorer

Hi guys

I want to build two panels the first one shows the text "Si520"and the second one "Si519".  From the panels I want to use the drilldown option to connect to another dashboard. I tried to use a html panel but than I can't use the drilldown option.

By research I found out I need to use the matchvalue command but I don't understand how to use it.

The link below shows what I want.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DashApp/0.9.0/DashApp/shapes#Apply_thresholding_to_strings

the vizualition on the left bottom is my aim.
But the code on the website doesn't helps me.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

FelixLeh
Contributor

Hi,
to create the text panels you can do something simple like:

| makeresults
| eval text1= "Si520"
| fields - _time

and use the "Single Value" Visualization.
While your are on the dashboard with this Text Panel go into Edit-Mode, click on the 3 dots on the right and edit drilldown!
Click on "link to dashboard" and pick the one you want.
If you want the Text as a token on the dashboard, open advanced options in the same window and create a token you want to send with the drilldown.
The token has to look like this
form.test_token     =      $click.value$ 

left part in the left field and right part into the right..
the form. is only for cross dashboard drilldown

View solution in original post

0 Karma

cannstatt
Explorer

thanks that worked
do you also know how I can change the background colour of the panel?
Because the editing  mode is for values optimized.

0 Karma

FelixLeh
Contributor

Glad I could help!

Haven't done it myself since I never had the need to, but I have searched for it in the past:

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Archive/panel-background-color-changing/m-p/406988

maybe this will prove useful to you!

otherwise just search the net for other options (have also seen solutions with html)

0 Karma

FelixLeh
Contributor

Hi,
to create the text panels you can do something simple like:

| makeresults
| eval text1= "Si520"
| fields - _time

and use the "Single Value" Visualization.
While your are on the dashboard with this Text Panel go into Edit-Mode, click on the 3 dots on the right and edit drilldown!
Click on "link to dashboard" and pick the one you want.
If you want the Text as a token on the dashboard, open advanced options in the same window and create a token you want to send with the drilldown.
The token has to look like this
form.test_token     =      $click.value$ 

left part in the left field and right part into the right..
the form. is only for cross dashboard drilldown

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...