Dashboards & Visualizations

trendline won't display

nikmeiser
Explorer

I have a simple trendline to track storage growth I want to display. I'm using the following syntax. There are no errors but the trendline won't display -

tag="host01" | eval MOUNTPT=mvfilter(match(MOUNTPT, "^/d/")) | eval USEDGB=round(X_USED/(1024*1024),2) | timechart max(USEDGB) | trendline sma5(USEDGB) as trend

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

nikmeiser
Explorer

Figured it out. It needed a function around the field. This works -

tag="host01" | eval MOUNTPT=mvfilter(match(MOUNTPT, "^/d/")) | eval USEDGB=round(X_USED/(1024*1024),2) | timechart max(USEDGB) | trendline sma5(max(USEDGB)) as trend

View solution in original post

nikmeiser
Explorer

Figured it out. It needed a function around the field. This works -

tag="host01" | eval MOUNTPT=mvfilter(match(MOUNTPT, "^/d/")) | eval USEDGB=round(X_USED/(1024*1024),2) | timechart max(USEDGB) | trendline sma5(max(USEDGB)) as trend
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...