Dashboards & Visualizations

time range picker broken in French Version of Splunk?!

hbrandt84
Path Finder

Hi,

I was contacted by one of our customers who said that our dashboards have translations errors...

Since that happens all the time.

But with this one I got quite confused, because it concerns a Splunk-standard component: The Time Range Picker.

As far as I know, this element shouldn't be affected by our own translations - but it's obviously broken...

As you can see in the attached comparison, the text in the button is not resolved properly, as it seems to have problems with some tokens.

Is this known behavior? Or did we configure it to behave like that?

We're using Splunk Ent. v6.5.5 and it happens on all dashboards, as well as in Chrome and Firefox

alt text

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I suggest you file a Support case about this, it looks like a defect to me.

0 Karma

hbrandt84
Path Finder

Okay, I will report this. I tested this on a different machine, running Splunk 7.1 - same issue.
It kind of feels like I'm the first one to ever use the french translation, though...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...