Dashboards & Visualizations

Is there an option to export CSV or PDF in Splunk Dashboard Studio?

sbattista
Explorer

for the new Dashboard Studio, is there a way to add in the options to export CSV or PDF like in the old dashboard app? We only have the option to export .png. 

Labels (1)

mag314
Explorer

Is there any update as to when this option is available?  I converted a number of DBs and now I am really stuck as the users all want the csv files.  Argh!! 

0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @mag314 I wish I could give you a specific time frame. The best I can do is say that export to CSV is planned for the next Cloud and Enterprise release

0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @sbattista, I assume you're talking about when you want to export an individual visualization, is that correct? If so, those aren't supported today, and I would encourage you to submit an idea to ideas.splunk.com! 

0 Karma

jasonlashua
Observer

How in the wide world of sports is this acceptable? 

If I have a table, I and literally 100% of everyone on the planet expects EXPORT to actually EXPORT the data, and not give me a picture of the table. 

This is the most useless feature I've ever seen. 0/10 would not use again.

0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @jasonlashua, what you're saying makes total sense. When we implemented "export visualizations to PNG" we made it available on all visualizations, but probably should have disabled it for table. I'm happy to share that we have recently implemented export to CSV and that should be available in an upcoming release.

0 Karma

skyasa
Engager

Will it be a major release like 10.x/minor release like 9.1?

0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @skyasa You can find what new features are released in our Splunk Enterprise release notes https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.1/ReleaseNotes/MeetSplunk#What.27s_New_in_9.1 or our What's New in Dashboard Studio release notes https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.1/DashStudio/WhatNew 

I hope that helps! 

0 Karma

wbazan

Hi

does the new export feature also allow to export a table panel to PDF that includes the entrire data set, in case the data overflows the size of single table page and pagination kicks into play hidding remaining events in other pages?

Thank you

Wojtek 

0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @wbazan It will not initially include the ability to print all rows of a table, since we do not want to override your specified dashboard layout in order to include all rows. Some alternatives could be to (1) include all rows in the dashboard display, or (2) schedule and email a report to display all rows of a table.

0 Karma

sbattista
Explorer

thanks,

I posted here-https://ideas.splunk.com/ideas/EID-I-1103

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...