Dashboards & Visualizations

snap to 5 minute increments in timerange

charleswheelus
Path Finder

I have data that needs to evaluated over periods that end on 5 minute boundaries

I would like to be able to snap to a search end time that ends on an even 5 minute increment like this:

search ABC earliest=-2h@h latest=[most recent 5 minute increment] | ..... 

So if this search were run at 13:57:33 the actual time range would be from 11:00:00 to 13:55:00

I have tried all sorts of permutations like latest=h@5m (not valid syntax) but they are not producing the desired results of ending on an even (12:55:00) time boundary.

I would appreciate thoughts on how best to accomplish this.

1 Solution

charleswheelus
Path Finder

After a bit of poking around, This syntax works:

search ABC earliest=-2h@h [ stats count | eval latest=(floor(now()/300))*300 | fields latest ]  | ...

View solution in original post

charleswheelus
Path Finder

After a bit of poking around, This syntax works:

search ABC earliest=-2h@h [ stats count | eval latest=(floor(now()/300))*300 | fields latest ]  | ...

dstuder
Communicator

The extra parenthesis around the floor function causes it to no longer work. So it should now be ...

search ABC earliest=-2h@h [ stats count | eval latest=floor(now()/300)*300 | fields latest ] | ...

However, I think for newer Splunk this is better and looks easier to read ...

search ABC earliest=-2h@h latest=[makeresults | eval snap=floor(now()/300)*300 | return $snap] | ...
0 Karma

immortalraghava
Path Finder

Is there any other way to achieve this in the latest versions of splunk ?

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...