Dashboards & Visualizations

smart pdf explorer for splunk not printing in landscape truncating the reports

venky1544
Builder

Hello everyone

when i'm clicking on the smart pdf icon to generate a pdf its generating in portrait mode and truncating some of the tables also i have changed the setting to landscape in server setting >> email setting but nothing worked how can i configure for smart pdf exporter to export in landscape mode

Tags (1)

robertlynch2020
Motivator

I have the same issue

0 Karma

EmEdwards
Path Finder

Did you happen to resolve this issue at all ?

0 Karma

poete
Builder

Hello @venky1544,

I did the test by changing the orientation parameter in the first panel you have to add in the dashboard, and set the orientation parameter to l.

<option name="smart_exporter_app.smartexporter.orientation">l</option>

It works fine. You can also try to change the format as follows :

<option name="smart_exporter_app.smartexporter.format">a3</option>
0 Karma

robertlynch2020
Motivator

@poete I have the same issues, but using the code above it did not fix the issue.
Any ideas? Cheers in advance Robbie

<panel>
  <viz type="smart_exporter_app.smartexporter">
    <title>PDF_SMART</title>
    <search>
      <query>|makeresults</query>
      <earliest>-24h@h</earliest>
      <latest>now</latest>
    </search>
    <option name="drilldown">none</option>
  </viz>
</panel>
0 Karma

venky1544
Builder

@robertlynch2020 have you tried to play with the settings through format visualization option i did tried the XML option but it didn't worked. Try the edit mode in the dashboard and select the brush icon(format visualization) above the smart exporter panel you will get an option of orientation and format i had selected A1 and A2 and did worked for me . although the report has little alignment issues but better than export pdf option.

just give it a try and let me know

Note:- the only problem you need to zoom in to the dashboard with A1 and A2 option

0 Karma

EmEdwards
Path Finder

Hi Robert, Please let me know if you happen to find a solution please as I have the same issue and haven't been able to resolve.

0 Karma

venky1544
Builder

Hi Poete

thanks for the update i did made the changes however its still truncating the columns on the right
below is my dashboard code i have columns in the table format and its truncating after the 5th column even after the change

Table Column Width

<panel>
  <viz type="smart_exporter_app.smartexporter">
    <search>
      <query>| makeresults</query>
      <earliest>-24h@h</earliest>
      <latest>now</latest>
    </search>
    <option name="smart_exporter_app.smartexporter.format">a3</option>
    <option name="drilldown">none</option>
  </viz>
</panel>

<panel>
  <table id="tableWithCustomColumnWidth">
    <search>
      <query>| makeresults | eval field1="Q1",number="INC026xxxx",mytime=strftime(_time,"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%Q"),category="Batch_(Business_Intelligence)",Assignment_group="ABC-Information App-Admin",description="Job ABCDEEDW_ABCD_R2_SET4J_POLLING failed on node bxxxxxx1 at 11/09/2019 20:50:04.",CURRENT_STATE="In Progress"

| append
[| makeresults
| eval field1="Q1",number="INC035xxxx",mytime=strftime(time,"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%Q"),category="Batch(Business_Intelligence)",Assignment_group="ABC-Information App-Admin",description="Job ABCPXXXX_BXXG_R2_EXTRACT failed on Node b2XXpaaX @ 03:06 AKT",CURRENT_STATE="Resolved"]
|table field1,number,mytime,category,Assignment_group,description,CURRENT_STATE
-24h@h
now

none
none
false
false
false
true

{"Resolved":0x53a051,"In Progress":0xFF0000}

{"Q1":#99ffff,"Q5":#6833FF,"Q3":#99ffff}

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...