Dashboards & Visualizations

shared saved searches

karche
Path Finder

I create 2 apps, app1 and app2. I have saved searches and dashboards (views) in app1 and permission is set to everyone and all app. In app2, I modify the nav menu to use the dashboards in app1. When I go app2, i can see the correct menu, but get error "Configuration error - we were not able to find a saved search called 'View Name in App1' when i select the view.

How can I share a saved search to other app?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

hexx
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can control the permissions of saved searches in the Manager >> Searches and Reports page.

You might want to look at this topic on sharing saved searches and this other topic on the general concept of sharing knowledge objects

View solution in original post

hexx
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can control the permissions of saved searches in the Manager >> Searches and Reports page.

You might want to look at this topic on sharing saved searches and this other topic on the general concept of sharing knowledge objects

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...