Dashboards & Visualizations

same page drilldown in form, Splunk 5

kdevyatov
Explorer

I've got a form that takes in a parameter and displays a search as a table. After that I would like to click on one of the table rows to activate a second panel (row) of my form. The second row of the form is another table, that displays a custom search string, using clicked parameter from the first table.

At the moment clicking on a first table entry opens a new tab. What I have so far is:

<row>
    <table>
      <searchTemplate>first search</searchTemplate>
      <title>SPLUNKSTAT Summary</title>
        <drilldown>
            <set token="lrid">$click.value2$</set>
            <link>
                <!-- need to put reference here? -->
            </link>
        </drilldown>
    </table>
  </row>
  <row>
    <table>
      <title>Drilldown for $lrid$</title>
      <searchString>index=* LRID=$lrid$</searchString>
    </table>
  </row>

How do I get drilldown to work on the same page in Splunk 5? Alternative would be drilldown to a saved search. Please advise on this potential solution as well.

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

kdevyatov
Explorer

Made it with a separate form to forward my drilldown to.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

kdevyatov
Explorer

Made it with a separate form to forward my drilldown to.

0 Karma

kdevyatov
Explorer

Looked through it and it looks to me, that inpage drilldown is Splunk 6 only. Looking into saved search possible solution.

0 Karma

strive
Influencer

See if something similar to this is available in splunk 5

http://answers.splunk.com/answers/113562/same-page-drilldown-splunk-6-simple-xml

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...