Dashboards & Visualizations

query for picking time range - at specified time everyday

1234testtest
Path Finder

Hi, I have my data in the following format

Tue Jan 01 08:00:00 IST 2013 10.10.10.213 Value 23
Tue Jan 01 08:10:00 IST 2013 10.10.10.216 Value 25

I would like to prepare a query which shows average of all the values between 8-9AM everyday.

sourcetype="data" ip=10.10.10.* | stats avg(Value) will give the average but how do I specify relative time range where I get the data between 8-9AM everyday (I have options to specify time in custom time but then I have to give specific date).

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Ayn
Legend

For most events, Splunk will extract a couple of fields beginning with date_, like for instance date_hour that you could use.

sourcetype="data" ip=10.10.10.* date_hour=8 | stats avg(Value)

View solution in original post

Ayn
Legend

For most events, Splunk will extract a couple of fields beginning with date_, like for instance date_hour that you could use.

sourcetype="data" ip=10.10.10.* date_hour=8 | stats avg(Value)

1234testtest
Path Finder

Thank you,

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

Not sure why you would want to include 9:00 as well, in all usual cases this wouldn't considered to be included in the interval 8-9AM. But, if you really want, just do

sourcetype="data" ip=10.10.10.* (date_hour=8 OR (date_hour=9 AND date_minute=0)) | stats avg(Value)

date_hour uses 24-hour notation so for PM times you'd just use their 24-hour notation equivalent.

0 Karma

1234testtest
Path Finder

Thanks. This gives the time range from 8:00 -8:59 AM
1. How to include 9AM also into this query.
2. if the time format is 12 hour and not 24 hour, how to include AM/PM into this query.
Kindly help.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...