Dashboards & Visualizations

put image from a website into dashboard help me !

HelpMePlease
Explorer

Can splunk put image from a website that is updating every 5mins into a dashboard? How can I do that ? The image name will change every 5mins.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

grijhwani
Motivator

As ever I preface this asnwer with the observation that you don't mention what platform you are running Splunk on, and this is always significant to the answer to this sort of question.

If you are running on a distribution of Linux (or some other *nix with GNU tools available) your best answer would be to use "curl" to download a local copy of the image to a statically named local image, provided you could somehow identify what the image was called. In this case you also do not specify how you would identify the image. To be honest this sounds like a much broader question than "how do I do X in Splunk", and more about generic sysadmin skills.

View solution in original post

paddygriffin
Path Finder

The IFrameInclude module allows you to display external or local web content. Downside is you have to be proficient with Advanced XML.
Refresh interval can be set in the view as explained here http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0.3/AdvancedDev/AdvancedDashboard

0 Karma

grijhwani
Motivator

As ever I preface this asnwer with the observation that you don't mention what platform you are running Splunk on, and this is always significant to the answer to this sort of question.

If you are running on a distribution of Linux (or some other *nix with GNU tools available) your best answer would be to use "curl" to download a local copy of the image to a statically named local image, provided you could somehow identify what the image was called. In this case you also do not specify how you would identify the image. To be honest this sounds like a much broader question than "how do I do X in Splunk", and more about generic sysadmin skills.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...