Dashboards & Visualizations

pass a value from a dashboard as token along with the drilldown token to another dashboard.

anooshac
Communicator

Hi all,

I have 2 dashboards. The first dashboard has a table with 6 columns. Currently i am passing a value from a column "name" as a drill down token to another dashboard. There is column "URL" of the "name". I want to pass the value of URL of the selected name as token to be used in the second dashboard. I don't know how to pass the URL of the selected name to the second dashboard.

Tried setting the URL like this. But its not working.

<drilldown>
<link target="_blank">/app/abcd/dashboard1?name=$row.PName$</link>

<set token="tok_url">$row.URL$</set>
</drilldown>

Can anyone help me in this..

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
<drilldown>
<link target="_blank">/app/abcd/dashboard1?name=$row.PName$&amp;URL=$row.URL|u$</link>
</drilldown>

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try something like this

<drilldown>
<link target="_blank">/app/abcd/dashboard1?name=$row.PName$&URL=$row.URL|u$</link>
</drilldown>
0 Karma

anooshac
Communicator

Hi, thank you for the reply..

Trying that, but the '&' between the tokens is coming as invalid. Tried writing &amp too.. Still not working.. Do you know any solution for this?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
<drilldown>
<link target="_blank">/app/abcd/dashboard1?name=$row.PName$&amp;URL=$row.URL|u$</link>
</drilldown>
0 Karma

anooshac
Communicator

Yeah.. Thank you.. Forgot to put a semicolon 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...